Friday, July 18, 2014

High Five for Friday

I'm following in the footsteps of one of my favorite bloggers, Lauren Elizabeth, to share the highlights of my week in High Five for Friday.  It's been a great week!

1) Last weekend Steven and I had the honor of standing with our dear friends in their wedding.  They had a beautiful wedding and the weekend was filled with fun events and delicious food!

Love walking down aisles with this guy! :)


2) One of those foods was peaches!  My friend is from a town in SC that is known for it's peaches and since this is prime peach season, she used them as a theme for the wedding.  The bridesmaids carried baskets of peaches instead of bouquets, peaches were used in center pieces and as decorations, and they cut the peach, blueberry, and blackberry gluten-free cobblers instead of cake (my friend the bride can't eat gluten)!  After the wedding, those of us in the bridal party helped to clean up and in doing so got to snag the remaining peaches!  I added a few more to my "bouquet" basket and filled up another one.  This resulted in a peach cobbler for a Sunday school lunch, peach smoothies all week for breakfast, and a half dozen sitting in my freezer ready to become another cobbler or pie soon!  It was a very good week in this regard...peaches are one of my FAVORITE fruits!
They were as good as they look!
3) The weather the past few days has been awesome and very rare for July in SC.  It's barely hitting 90 around here and the humidity is low.  Steven and I have had some fun evening walks and of course it's made for some great hair days! ;)

4) Fridays are usually Date Night for us and tonight we are trying a "new-to-us" restaurant Il Giorgione.  It's an Italian restaurant that caught our attention (and taste buds!) because they make their own mozzarella!  We've been loving Caprese salads this summer so we're excited to try it out.

5) Last but not least, my sweet little nephew Landon turned 1 on Tuesday!!!!!!  This first year of his life has gone so fast and he's grown from the teeny-tiniest thing to a squirmy, wormy, goofy little guy.  He's been such a blessing and so much fun for our family!

Can't wait to squeeze and giggle with this little guy again!!!


1 comment:

Barbara Anne said...

Landon LOVES peaches too! Unfortunately, the most recent batch from McGinnis were duds :( It was super sad! I'm glad he made your top 5! xoxo